Sunday, April 6, 2008

My first ever post

Well couple of my buddies kept pushing me to make a blog so I finally decided to put one up. Don’t expect anything spectacular having this being my first blog ever but I will try my best to please all you sport nuts out there.

With the MLB season just on its way, NHL season ended well ended in my little world, and the excitement of opening day got me thinking of posting about Baseball. Yes BASEBALL one of the most boring sports, but when you have your home town team making a buzz and actually having that chance to contend it makes baseball a bit more exciting. I honestly think the Jays can win it all due to their great starting 5(Halladay, Burnett, McGowan, Marcum, Litsch) and the bullpen(Accardo, Downs, Tallet, Wolf and hopefully soon to be back Ryan). Their offense is not going to be one of the best but an average offense with an amazing pitching staff will do just fine. Remember when it comes down to a 5 game or 7 game series pitching as history has shown usually takes it.

Before the season started I thought our biggest weakness was the way John Gibbons handled the pitching staff and how laid back and boring offensive style he managed. After 6 games this season Johnny boy is starting to make me change my stance on him, he is sending runners consistently and showing confidence in his pitchers. Everyone including me has been quick to jump on Gibbons but a Coach/Manager just like players needs time to mature and learn how to be the most effective at his role. I hope this post doesn’t slap me in the face after the regular season or even after the All-Star break but the Jays are due for a healthy season and finally some success I will take my chances on this one.

Hamed K.

4 comments:

Bobby B. Solhi said...

first!

Sean said...

the bluejays will win the world series and the tigers are gonna go 0-162...

Hamed Khandan said...

haha Sean.

Unknown said...

Nice Post,
Keep them coming